Members: Please delete reference to insurance on any business cards you have as currently we are unable to offer this service.
We have the relevant audio clips extracted into a single file. Includes presenter Mark Stephen teaming up with my Captain Colin Calder for shot as Stoker - in place of regular Diane Lockhart.
Hope you enjoy! Listen here.
We have been working on making the website more mobile phone friendly. Its not complete yet, but hopefully most pages should display better on these devices.
We are always looking for ways to raise awareness among potential new members who don't know there is a Tandem Club.
In the latest copy of the TCJ are 5 Club stickers in a white envelope. Please put these on your tandem (on all your tandems if you have more than one). People admiring your tandem out on the road are sure to spot them and ask about the Club. This is your chance to tell them about what we do and get them interested.
If you need more stickers please get in touch.
Thank you for helping to raise awareness of the Tandem Club amongst potential new members.
Peter Weeks Publicity Officer
2020 International Rally Information
Sadly this year's International rally has been cancelled due to uncertainties caused by COVID-19. Full refunds will be made to all those who booked on the rally. The refunds will be processed starting 27th April. An email has been sent from Bob and Mary with a little more detail. Further information is available from: email@example.com.
Full refunds are being issued for the Easter Rally. An email has been sent to all those who booked on the rally giving details.To contact the rally organiser: firstname.lastname@example.org
The 2020 AGM, scheduled to take place on Saturday 11 April 2020, has been postponed to take account of current guidance on avoiding social gatherings. The Club Secretary can be contacted via: email@example.com
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, the National rally 2020 in Corsham has been postponed. This will now take place in 2021 as the 50th National rally. We have sent an email to everyone who has booked onto the rally to let you know your options. Please let us know if you haven't received this.
The rally website is available for information Tandem 2020 National Rally in Corsham
On page 4 of the April/May Tandem Club Journal (Vol. 288) there is a notice regarding the increase of the subscription rate. Please remember to change your Standing Order before your next renewal date. The club is unable to do this for you.
If you are unable to do this via on-line banking and need a paper form please contact the treasurer.
Tony Prichard (Joint Treasurer)
Barry Wilson wished to stand down at the AGM so the Committee considered how to deal with this in the absence of an AGM. The outcome was that Peter Weeks, Club Publicity Officer, was willing to stand as Tandem Club Chairman. On 26 April 2020 the Secretary contacted the Committee and Regional Officers to conduct an election.
Nomination of Peter Weeks as Tandem Club Chairman
- Proposed by Pauline Fox, Club Secretary
- Seconded by Eifion Francis, a former Club Chairman and who, with his partner Jill, is a Regional Officer and oversees the Club’s Talking Journal service.
- 49 individuals (TC Committee members and Regional Officers) invited to vote in lieu of the AGM
- 2 abstentions, the current Chairman, Barry Wilson and one Ordinary Member, Janet Wilson.
- 29 votes received, all were in favour of Peter Weeks being the Chairman of the Tandem Club.
- No other votes, objections or comments received.
Peter Weeks was therefore elected as Tandem Club Chairman with effect from 1 May 2020. This will be subject to formal discussion and election by members at the next Annual General Meeting.
Our congratulations and thanks go to Peter as he takes up the role of Chairman. He has also, fortunately, agreed to continue as the Club’s Publicity Officer for the time being.
The 48th Annual General Meeting of the Tandem Club was scheduled to take place on Saturday 11 April 2020 at the Easter rally. The Agenda was published in the Tandem Club Journal (vol 288). We said in the TCJ (vol 289) that the 2020 AGM was postponed indefinitely, but of course we don’t know if and when we will be able to hold an AGM in 2020. It may be that we cannot meet together until 2021. In these exceptional circumstances the business usually transacted at the AGM has had to be done elsewhere:
- Club Accounts – the accounts for the year ended 31 October 2019 were published in the April/May Tandem Club Journal (vol 289). The Treasurer has received no comments or queries from members on the accounts.
- Membership fees - As stated in the April/May Tandem Club Journal (vol 289) the annual subscription has been raised from £10 per year to £15 per year.
- Election of Officers – Club Officers are elected at the AGM. Committee members and ex-offico officers have been assumed to continue in role unless they have indicated otherwise. Barry Wilson has served as Chairman since 2015 and has been on the committee since 2011. He had indicated a wish to stand down. Further information about this is given below. Janet Wilson has been on the committee since 2011 and has stood down as an Ordinary Member. If anyone is interested in joining the committee as an ordinary member please contact the Secretary. Our thanks go to Barry and Janet for serving the Club diligently over this period.
The Club is in the Daily Mail Online:
Article currently on the front page of Cycling UK website and will be featured in Cycle Clips 14 August. Should create interest in the Tandem Club and attract new members
The TC website group along with our Journals editor have been busy modernising the style of the TC website. We hope you like the new style ! There is on-going work to improve this style and to improve the websites functionality. To login please use the "User/Login" top menu item of the "User" quick link icon at the top of the webpage. Some of the webpage content still needs editing, GPS files need adding and we need additional articles and content for the website, so we are looking for TC member volunteers to help out. If you can spare a bit of time to help the club, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org