Discussions

Discussion of anything related to Tandems. Opinions expressed on this discussion board are those of the contributors and not necessarily those of the Tandem Club. Postings or extracts may be published in the Tandem Club Journal.
To add a response or post a new message you need to have an account and be logged in. You can get emails sent to you by enabling the Send Forum Emails tick box in your user preferences. Note you need to login to the website to add replies. See our help information here for more information.
You can add to this discussion topic using the entry box at the bottom of this page, when logged in. Login

Fraud warning when selling

Chris LEWIS2022-08-19 13:43:30
I successfully sold my Canondale recently but not before I had got caught up in a potential fraud. Someone in France sent me a cheque to pay for the tandem but my bank refused it saying it was part of a fraud. The only place I had advertised it was on this site - so beware the cheque fraud! In fact, insist on a bank transfer. 
Kate Whitaker2022-08-20 09:53:12

I had this too, have my Hase Pino listed. Potential purchaser supposedly in France, too busy to view. Realised after previous warnings on here that it was likely a scam. I asked how he intended paying if he couldn't visit. Said he'd send a cheque.I didn't respond, heard nothing since.

Terry Barnaby2022-08-21 09:16:57
Payments by cheque are definitely dodgy these days with all of the fraudsters around. Please take note of our forSale help when placing adverts at: https://tandem-club.org.uk/files/help/forSale.html and if you see/notice any other fraud method please tell us and we will add them to that page to help others.