List All Forums
Help

Account

Pictures

Great Oxendon
Great Oxendon

Forsale

Discussions

Discussion of anything related to Tandems. Opinions expressed on this discussion board are those of the contributors and not necessarily those of the Tandem Club. Postings or extracts may be published in the Tandem Club Journal.
To add a response or post a new message you need to have an account and be logged in. You can get emails sent to you by enabling the Send Forum Emails tick box in your user preferences. Note you need to login to the website to add replies. See our help information here for more information.
You can add to this discussion using the entry box at the bottom of this page, when logged in.

OTG cable: Samsung and Garmin Tourning

Michael Toner2018-09-05 13:23:27
How do I enable OTG on my Android (Samsung) phone? Google provides the advice listed below.  Does it work for Garmin? Should I consider other explorers?
Any advice would be welcomed.  So far I have managed to upload my android files on to my Garmin - not quite what I had hoped for!
“1. First of all download & install “ES File Explorer” and launch it.
2. Now attach your USB Drive OR Pen drive using OTG cable in your charging port.
3. Now you will get a notification asking “Enable USB OTG Support”.
4. Now click on “YES” to enable it on android.
5.Now Es file explorer will show you USB Storage folder.
6.All Done!!!”
Martyn Aldis2018-11-12 15:01:37

For touring I plan routes on an Android phone then transfer them as a .gpx file to my Garmin and use the Garmin to follow the route as well as record the actual track. My Garmin uses .gpx directly, some do not.

All the OTG connection has to do is let me move files between the Android phone and the Garmin. I can also move track files created by the Garmin to the Android. The phone end of the link is used to control these transfers. The phone plays the part of a laptop or other PC.

It sounds like you are able to do file transfers and I'm not sure what other result you were expecting.