All forum posts

This view lists all forum posts from the different forums
To add a response or post a new message you need to have an account and be logged in. You can get emails sent to you by enabling the Send Forum Emails tick box in your user preferences. Note you need to login to the website to add replies. See our help information here for more information.
You can add to this discussion topic using the entry box at the bottom of this page, when logged in. Login

Freighting a Tandem

CarolCornell2017-08-30 12:13:38

We want to transport our tandem to Spain for a "bit of a run", its doesnt fold in half, so we are thinking to take apart, pack and freight. Does anyone have any top tips? Companies to use etc?
Many thanks....

Andrew Wilson2017-09-14 05:50:25

: We want to transport our tandem to Spain for a "bit of a run", its
: doesnt fold in half, so we are thinking to take apart, pack and freight.
: Does anyone have any top tips? Companies to use etc?
: Many thanks....
I am thinking same as you , mallorca so if you find info can you post it or e mail, Many thanks , Andrew

clive2017-09-14 18:48:57

: I am thinking same as you , mallorca so if you find info can you post it or e
: mail, Many thanks , Andrew

A trip to Mallorca? Conventional luggage on a plane is the way to go isn't it? Need to have a slightly helpful airline though.

I've done that in the past. Current preference is a plastic bag wrapped round a slightly dismantled tandem - wheels, pedals, handlebars, saddles, rear mech, to get it as small as possible. It fit in a Citroen C3 like that - front seat reclined as far as possible, half the back seat down. This was rather easier than the time I tried taking one in a box and tying it to the roof of a micra with no roofrack :-) (it did work, not sure I'd want to do it again though).

WCC2017-09-17 09:04:16

Here's a link to something I posted a while back regards our experience with flying with our tandem.

Flying with Tandem

Mel Richards2017-10-17 05:29:07

: We want to transport our tandem to Spain for a "bit of a run", its
: doesnt fold in half, so we are thinking to take apart, pack and freight.
: Does anyone have any top tips? Companies to use etc?
: Many thanks....

Did you get anywhere with this? I was doing some preliminary research a month or so ago with a view to shipping our bike back from London to Spain. I found a couple of companies who seemed to be able to do it for around £100 (one way). If you still need info I will dig out some links. If you found a good solution, could you please share?