Wanted

Things wanted.
To add a response or post a new message you need to have an account and be logged in. You can get emails sent to you by enabling the Send Forum Emails tick box in your user preferences. Note you need to login to the website to add replies. See our help information here for more information.
You can add to this discussion topic using the entry box at the bottom of this page, when logged in. Login

Folding Tandem

Stephen Williamson2021-06-25 15:23:45

I'm looking for a folding tandem to fit into a small motorhome. Electric assist would be great but not essential.

Chris Allen2021-06-26 17:01:37

Hi Stephen, we had an"Ecosmo" folding tandem for 6 months which was fun to potter around on (we live in London). Later we moved on to a 'serious' (i.e. more expensive) machine.  They're around £450 new but you can get second hand for around £250. Ours wasn't electric, however, they do sell them. They seem to be out of stock at the mo tho. Give them a ring and find out when they're due a delivery

Mike Inness2021-10-16 19:46:51

Hi Stephen,

Just seen your post, but we have an electric folding tandem that we would like to sell.  This may come too late for you, but it is a KHS T-20 Sausage Dog Folding tandem, originally from JD Tandems and converted to a rear hub electric by them for the previous owner.  It is a 20" small wheel tandem.  It is in good condition.

Let me know if this is of interest.

We live in Torbay, Devon.

Mike & Kim

Stephen Williamson2021-10-18 10:37:44

Mike and Kim, thanks for getting in touch. We ended up buying an Ecosmo tandem. We are very pleased with it.

Thanks again

Stephen

Chris Allen2021-10-21 10:48:39

Hi Stephen,

I'm interested in your experience with the electric Ecosmo tandem. We had the non electric one for a while and which was fun and very convenient to take on  trains. However, we found the gearing really low and we had pedal quite fast to get up much speed; great to potter round town but frustrating on the open road.

Does the electric one have the same low gearing?

Also, ours was quite heavy (~30kg) for lugging up railway station stairs. Do you know the weight of yours? I believe the electric one is made of aluminium but then there's the extra weight of the battery and motor. 

Your opinion would greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Chris