Discussions

Discussion of anything related to Tandems. Opinions expressed on this discussion board are those of the contributors and not necessarily those of the Tandem Club. Postings or extracts may be published in the Tandem Club Journal.
To add a response or post a new message you need to have an account and be logged in. You can get emails sent to you by enabling the Send Forum Emails tick box in your user preferences. Note you need to login to the website to add replies. See our help information here for more information.
You can add to this discussion topic using the entry box at the bottom of this page, when logged in. Login

Dawes Kick back two 501

Mark tilley2023-08-09 16:58:13
k, in my quest for tandem, I've spottd a lovely Dawes Kickback two with custom butted 501 tubes. No sleeper brake, and cantilevers . Any one had any dealings with this make of bike specifically. Seems for me to be slightly above average price for the model, but it does look nice. What is 501 like in a tandem frame. Its MTB type design with 36 spoke 26" wheels.. Thanks.
Malcolm Gammon2023-08-09 19:49:54

We owned a Kickback two as our first serious tandem after hiring when on holidays. Had several years of great service from it and even did a cycle tour from Somerset to London over 5 days with it laden with our overnight gear. It must be quite old now though so if you have found a good one that must be unusual. We only paid £325 it was in fab unused condition and must have been back around 2005. 

Mark tilley2023-08-12 18:44:51
Well, We bought it, and have just got home having collected it 5 1/2 hr round trip.   Surprisingly light, exceptional condition, looks like ex demo.  Fettling tommorrow, then a wee test ride solo, then another wee test ride with my lovely..
Peter Wheatley Price2023-08-12 20:58:47
When trying out solo, be prepared for the inevitable......'Haven't you forgotten something?'  from passersby!
Michael Brooks2023-08-12 21:27:25
I ride solo across town to pick up my stoker. With enough tyre pressure for two it's like riding a bone shaker.