Discussions

Discussion of anything related to Tandems. Opinions expressed on this discussion board are those of the contributors and not necessarily those of the Tandem Club. Postings or extracts may be published in the Tandem Club Journal.
To add a response or post a new message you need to have an account and be logged in. You can get emails sent to you by enabling the Send Forum Emails tick box in your user preferences. Note you need to login to the website to add replies. See our help information here for more information.
You can add to this discussion topic using the entry box at the bottom of this page, when logged in. Login

David isherwood2020-09-17 22:12:46

By way of update.....I decided to purchase the Circe Eos that was up for sale on facebook recently, our first foray into tandem world without too much fuss in decision making. The fact the Circe tandem was designed to accommodate a range of sizes by personnel associated with making the versatile Airnimal folding bike gave me the confidence to follow my gut instinct that this tandem would work for us.

After a couple of weekend and evening rides over the steep Bronte hills around Hebden Bridge we love the practicality, adjustability and ease of transport and storage especially the fact these features don't detract from the feel of a quality ride. With wheels,rack and mudguards  removed the bike sits readily into our ford focus estate for transporting if we need to drive to a prefered starting point.

The 26” wheels on 28 continetal  gatorskins run nice and free. Dropped a hill friendly 11-32 teeth large ring cassette on to help with the steep hills with novice stoker. Found the 160mm rotors got really hot but we had just navigated a steep prolonged descent into Hebden Bridge on the back roads which included a very near miss with a black cat . As a result I’m just considering the potential benefit and feasibility of increasing the size of the rotors ( any observations from experience gratefully recieved)

All in all after just a few rides I’d certainly recommend the Circe EOS from what I’ve experienced so far.

The tandem, speedily relieved of its wheels, rack mudguards, seats,seat posts, bars and stem sits discreetly suspended from a couple of hooks in my attic office / man cave awaiting simple re-assembly for a weekend ride to the chippy / pub with the Mrs.......