Discussions

Discussion of anything related to Tandems. Opinions expressed on this discussion board are those of the contributors and not necessarily those of the Tandem Club. Postings or extracts may be published in the Tandem Club Journal.
To add a response or post a new message you need to have an account and be logged in. You can get emails sent to you by enabling the Send Forum Emails tick box in your user preferences. Note you need to login to the website to add replies. See our help information here for more information.
You can add to this discussion topic using the entry box at the bottom of this page, when logged in. Login

Peter Hobson2020-09-09 13:12:58

Greetings Derek & Wendy,  pleased to have this opportunity to meet you. I am Pete my wife is Lyn, we live just down the road in Winteringham. We are in a similar situation as yourself. We both have decent road bikes and hybrids. But due to different levels of fitness we decided to get a tandem. As this was the solution to riding together and the way firward to new adventures. Which keeps us together and nit arriving at tge cafe 25 mins ahead. First tried a tandem  in Germany a few yeats ago but was a bit of s disaster. As non if us knew what to do. So just over 2 month ago we looked at the idea again.  Went to have a look at one tandem that sold eventurly sold for 1900.  Had a lesson then on riding a tandem properly and we agreed it was the way forward. We eventualy bought an Orbit Routier Tandem on ebay for 350.  A bit batted and bruised. So my bike mechanic qualufications where put to full use. But after 3 days of strippung it down cleaning, greasing , oiling, touch painting and rebuilding, the black rabbit as it is called, is now in a real good condition. We have been out a few times including getting a soaking on Sunday. We are niw building up and looking st doing various tiurs in the UK, Europe and in a few years the world.  <>Would be more than happy to meet up and go for a short spin, crunch a few miles in the local area if you like.  I have loads of routes around the local area, as i am a guided ride leader for BC. Obviously with a coffee stop along the way.  May be start the Humberside Tandem Club.