Discussions

Discussion of anything related to Tandems. Opinions expressed on this discussion board are those of the contributors and not necessarily those of the Tandem Club. Postings or extracts may be published in the Tandem Club Journal.
To add a response or post a new message you need to have an account and be logged in. You can get emails sent to you by enabling the Send Forum Emails tick box in your user preferences. Note you need to login to the website to add replies. See our help information here for more information.
You can add to this discussion topic using the entry box at the bottom of this page, when logged in. Login

getting bikes transported

Tim Dowson2019-07-05 19:01:03

I need to arrange for a bike to be delivered to someone in the deep south of England. Does anyone know of any reasonable carriers who will do this?  It's not particularly urgent, but I'd prefer not to have to pack it up extensively. Thanks - Tim

Alan MacDonald2019-07-05 20:38:24

Tim, I recently sold my tandem to a buyer in France. We arranged for a delivery through shiply.com from the Scottish Borders to Kent where a friend of the buyer was able to complete the tandem's journey, which worked well for us. However, I didn't realise that shiply.com take a 33% charge for setting up the delivery via their website. Van drivers will bid for your order via the website, but if you contact them directly you can agree a price, which is likely to be lower than the shiply.com price. I packed the tandem with 2 bike boxes, which the van driver appreciated, but said was unnecessary. I can provide the details of the company I used if you want to use him. 

Tim Dowson2019-07-05 21:52:29

Alan, that would be good - 33% seems a bit much. If it doesn't work I'll try shipley itself.

Alan MacDonald2019-07-05 22:58:44

Tim, I used R T Transport, Forfar. 

Email: interscotland@gmail.com

Tel: 07522 495438