Discussions

Discussion of anything related to Tandems. Opinions expressed on this discussion board are those of the contributors and not necessarily those of the Tandem Club. Postings or extracts may be published in the Tandem Club Journal.
To add a response or post a new message you need to have an account and be logged in. You can get emails sent to you by enabling the Send Forum Emails tick box in your user preferences. Note you need to login to the website to add replies. See our help information here for more information.
You can add to this discussion topic using the entry box at the bottom of this page, when logged in. Login

identify old tandem frame?

2018-07-31 17:53:00

This was given to me by a friend from Australia about 40 years ago. It was given to him by Jim Duckham, now deceased, of Duckham oils, who used to live near Reading.

It has a SA 3 speed and rear drum brake, plus cantilevers that clamp onto the frame. The wheels are not original, I had new ones made (incorporating the rear hub) about 20 years ago.

I have used this a few times over the years, never very successfully. It has spent most of the time under a tarpaulin. Now I want either to get it working and use it or sell it. So I'd welcome any tips on 1. what the make might be (it has been repainted before I acquired it) 2.what it might be worth if I sold it 3. the best approach to getting it useable (which of the original components to keep and which to replace etc) 

Nick Dennis