Discussions

Discussion of anything related to Tandems. Opinions expressed on this discussion board are those of the contributors and not necessarily those of the Tandem Club. Postings or extracts may be published in the Tandem Club Journal.
To add a response or post a new message you need to have an account and be logged in. You can get emails sent to you by enabling the Send Forum Emails tick box in your user preferences. Note you need to login to the website to add replies. See our help information here for more information.
You can add to this discussion topic using the entry box at the bottom of this page, when logged in. Login

Ciclovia Alpe Adria Radweg *LINK*

Robert Garthwaite2018-01-25 10:52:17

Hi,
Has anyone ridden this cycle route from Salzburg to Grado (Italy). If so do you
have your route as a GPX file.
Thanks,
Robert

https://www.alpe-adria-radweg.com/en/

Pat Watson2018-03-13 17:00:12

Hi Robert

Yes we have have in Sept 2017. I have just submitted our account of the tour to the editor of tandem club.We followed the official route from Saltzburgh  to about 30 mile short of Grado as we put our own route in  from there and went to Udine across to Lake Garda and finished in Venice .

We both use a Garmin edge and  they have the route in them. We booked 20 hotels for our stops .if you want the route I can email you the stops and give you more info and what to be aware of and things you might need to know . it was both  physically & mentally  demanding, the hardest   tour we have undertaken but worth it iwas  amazing! Lots of climbing and some very steep gradients.

I am happy to email you if you want any information and you can contact me if you wish

Regards Pat.