All forum posts

This view lists all forum posts from the different forums
To add a response or post a new message you need to have an account and be logged in. You can get emails sent to you by enabling the Send Forum Emails tick box in your user preferences. Note you need to login to the website to add replies. See our help information here for more information.
You can add to this discussion topic using the entry box at the bottom of this page, when logged in. Login

Shockstop suspension stem

Philip Ingram2019-06-03 18:06:53

This suspension stem gets a reasonable review in the CTC mag (june/july 2019). Quite a lot of money at £150. I could do with some suspension up front. Has anyone tried this stem on a tandem?

Robert Bending2019-06-16 09:25:00

I can't see the picture on your post, but I bought a Satori Animaris – similar design to a Cane Creek Thudbuster but about half the price.

It's effective at smoothing small bumps but in all honesty, I'm not sure the added comfort outweighs the cost and weight..it's a heavy lump. Also, the seatpost is quite short, so it may not be long enough for tall riders.

Tim Dowson2019-06-19 20:26:10

The thudbuster is pretty effective for my stoker - it works well wheras most 'in-line' seatposts hardly move. I'm surprised more stokers don't have them as they can't see the bumps and so take the weight off the saddle. The suspension handlebar stems can help a bit on hand vibration - they are maybe a bit more subtle than the seatpins - but i think there's a cheaper one out there for a lot less than 150 quid.