All forum posts

This view lists all forum posts from the different forums
To add a response or post a new message you need to have an account and be logged in. You can get emails sent to you by enabling the Send Forum Emails tick box in your user preferences. Note you need to login to the website to add replies. See our help information here for more information.
You can add to this discussion topic using the entry box at the bottom of this page, when logged in. Login

Tandem partner wanted

2018-04-23 11:21:16

I am a 68 year old male, fairly fit, who would like to try tandem touring, shorter or longer trips, but cannot interest my wife. In particular I would like to ride on a Hase Pino Steps with a bit of electric assist and, for my back, a recumbent front riding position. I am particularly keen to find someone who would like to do the steering and braking at the back so someone with tandem experience already, perhaps currently missing a partner, would be of great interest. The Pino can be tested out at London Recumbents in Dulwich Park. I have promised my wife not to buy one until I have found a long term partner for it! I am looking for a partner, not an investor, so no contribution is required. I am fairly fit so could do my share on the front and am used to recumbent riding as I have toured parts of France on my recumbent trike. But it would be nice to tour with some company. 

I live near Wimbledon but interested in touring in the South East. I have a car which will take the tandem without any dismantling so no problem getting around.