The membership system stores members information securely and provides the ability for people to join and existing members to renew their membership with the payment of their membership fees. It is designed to be reasonably automatic to save work by club officers. It works best when it has an email address for the member as then membership renewals can be fully automatic when payment is made by credit or debit card.
Joining the Club
You can access the New Member form to apply for membership. The link to this is provided from a website page describing membership and how to apply.
/files/membershipJoin.html. You simply enter your details in the form and click on the "Join" button. If you have selected to pay by credit card then you will be taken through the card payment process. Otherwise you will be given information on how to pay by bank transfer, cheque or standing order. An email will be sent to you with membership info and payment instructions.
The club membership secretary will send you some club information once you have joined.
On the new membership form there is a tick box which if enabled will add a website login for you and email you an initial password. The website login will allow you to renew on-line, access the members only web pages and also access other website features such as automatically entering your details into event booking forms.
Existing members will be sent an email 7 days before their renewal date, assuming they have provided an email in their membership details. This email contains a website link that allows them to renew. The website link will present the membership details allowing them to edit them and then allow them to pay by one of the accepted means. Renewal emails will be sent once a week untill they renew or decline.
If members have not provided an email address, then a paper renewal notice/form will be sent out with the journal proceeding their renewal date. Renewal forms are thus sent out up to 70 days in advance. They can either renew online using the details provided on the paper renewal form or they can email or post details of the renewal together with payment to the renewal secretary.
There is also the option of manually renewing using a website form. With this the member will have to enter all of their details online and a new membership record, without membership numbers will be created with the status "renewForm". The Renewal secratary will have to tie this against the existing record for the member. /files/membershipRenew.html
This provides a secure database of club members. The system attempts to automate most of the work. It provides the following features:
- Storage of members information.
- New members application form and automatic entry into database. (Adds a new entry. Membership admin will activate the member later).
- Renewal members form and automatic update into database. (Edits existing entry which becomes active once the Membership admin activates it).
- Integrated payment system using card, bacs, cheques, standing order. (card is fully automatic, bacs/cheques/standingorder needs payments admin (Treasurer) to mark them as paid).
- Admin access to "activate" new and renewal members information in database as well as manage payments.
- Admin access to add and/or edit membership details.
- Archive of old member information (added to on each change).
- Automatic renewal emails with link to filled in renewal form so users can easily renew.
- Journal admin access to download list of addresses for journal sending. CSV format.
- Journal list of new members for journal. CSV format.
- Journal print of renewal notices. PDF and CSV format.
- RO list of, per regional group, email and postal addresses (accessed from RO's login). CSV format.
- RO list of email and postal addresses for their group and for a distance outside (accessed from RO's login). CSV format.
- RO ability to email all of their regions members online via website.
- RO List of recent membership changes.
- Ability to email all or a selection of members.
- Member website access login automatically generated for website access by users (membership only pages, easy booking forms, renewalls, eventually forums etc) ?
- Membership renewal secratary can print of reminder forms in PDF format.
New members will be allocated to a regional group based on their postcode. The information in the Groups database is used for this. When regional groups are updated it is possible to automatically reallocate members to the group postcodes.
Club Officers, regional organisers and the journal editors can be given the viewMembership role. They can view a selected list of membership entries and an individuals entry in full. The selection system allows them to select by various parameters, including a region (group).
Given a selection they can download the list in a CSV (spreadsheet) format. There are also links in the left hand menus to download particular selections directly.
The system also provides a method to send a blanket email, optionally with attachments, to a selected list of members. This can be used by RO's to contact their group.
The membership secretaries are given the adminMembership role. These people can do all that those with the viewMembership role can as well as edit members entries, renew members and delete members. Whenever some administration action is required, the pending flag will be set on a record. This allows the administration user to go through all of the pending work needed easily.
- When a new member joins, renews or leaves the club an email will be sent to the administrators.
- New members need to be marked as a member and the pending flag reset once paid. Contact can be made with the new member to send a welcome pack etc.
- Renewal members need to be marked as a member and the pending flag reset once paid.
- Lapsed members need to be marked as lapsed and then deleted. (Will be saved in the archive database).
- When a member pays by credit card, the membership record is marked as paid automatically (with payment info). If the member paid by BACS, Cheque or standing order then the record will be marked as paid when the Treasurer/Payment administrator marks it as paid in the websites Payments system.
- Can edit membership records as needed.
- Can manually add a new member or renew an existing member possibly taking a credit card payment over the phone or by sending a renewal link by email to the member to pay by credit card.
- If the member didn't have an email address and has filled in a web renewal form, then some manual work needs to be performed. The renew record will have the status "renewForm". The membership secretary will need to search for the members existing record, by name/postcode/address. From the old record the membership numbers and renew date will need to be copied into the new record and the old record deleted.
- If the member posted in a renewal form then the admin officer will need to lookup the members record and edit as needed.
- Reminder forms can be generated in PDF format using the: Reminder Forms link. Reminder forms are generated for those membership records with a renewalDate that is earlier than or equal to the current date. The remonder PDF's are generated in batches of 50.
- A complimentary membership can be added by using the "New Member" link and setting the membershipType to "Complimentary". This will set a renewalDate of 6 months in the future.
For each join or renewal a payment needs to be made. This is made via the payments system where an entry for the source "membership" will be made. Web users with adminPayments role (Treasurer/Payment administartor) can edit these entries in the payments system.
- The Payments administrator will get an email when payments are made/need to be made.
- For card payments the system will automatically mark the payment record as paid and also update the membership record as paid.
- For other payment types the payments admin person needs to mark the payment record as paid by setting the payment records status field to "paid" and setting the paid flag once they can see this has been paid in the bank account. Setting the paid flag will also automatically update the membership record or events record as paid.
For more info on the payments system see: /modules/payments/info.html
The journal editor will use the system as follows:
- Download the new members list in CSV format using the: JO: New members link.
- Download the list of members addresses in CSV format to send journals using the JO: Addresses link.
- Download the renewal forms to post in PDF format (multiple PDF files) with the journals using the: JO: Renewal Forms link. This provides download forms in PDF format for all those renewals due. The renewal form PDF's are generated in batches of 50.
The functions available are:
- JO: Renewal Postal: CSV list of all postal only renewals.
- JO: Renewal All: CSV list of all renewals.
- JO: Renewal Forms: PDF's of all renewals.
- JO: New members: CSV list of new members.
Renewals are those membership records with a renewalDate that is earlier than the current date +93 days.
All RO's should have a website login and be given the "viewMembership" role. That allows them to view the membership details.
The ways to access it are:
- Normally each region has its own group page on the website. From this page the RO can admin various things (like edit their groups pages, add whats-on entries etc). One of these is a link to the membership system. When they use this link the default regional group is configured.
- In the membership system the RO can then:
- Click on "RO: Groups Members" in the left hand menus. This will download their regions members in CSV from.
- Click on "RO: Recent Changes" this will download the most recent member changes in their region.
- Click on "RO: Email group" to send an email to all members of their group.
- Alternatively the RO can use the normal membership Select system.
- Set the "Group" to their or another group. Set "Pending" to "don't care""
- Click on "Search" to view all the members records.
- The "Email this Selection" button can then be used to send an email from the TandemClub (firstname.lastname@example.org) to the selection..
- The "Email from me" button will start your email application with the list of peoples email addresses so you can send an email from your own email account.
- The "Download CSV ..." buttons can be used to download a spreadsheet compatible file.
The system will send administartion emails to the member and to the administartors. There is a configurable list of administration email addresses.
- Member: When a user joins, renews or leaves an email will be sent to them.
- Member: When a renewal is due an email will be sent to them. This will be sent every week untill they renew or decline renewal. (This email is sent manually by a membership admin person at the moment by using the "Send Renewal Emails" link. It will be automated once the system is working.)
- Member: The MembershipAdmin can manually send a renew email to the member from the edit form page.
- MembershipAdmin: When a user joins, renews or leaves an email will be sent to the Membership admin. This will contain a link to the members record.
- PaymentsAdmin: On all payments an email will be sent to the treasurer from the payments system.
- The Nochex system will also send emails to the member and treasurer.
Those members with email addresses configured will be sent an email with a link allowing them to renew online and a paper renewal notice/form in the Journal.
Those members without email addresses configured will only be sent a paper renewal notice/form in the Journal. The member can then renew in one of the following ways:
- In the paper renewal notice/form we print a link which contains a password to allow them to renew on the Internet as per those receiving an email link.
- They can fill in and submit the paper form.
- They can fill in a renewal form on the Internet. The MembershipAdmin officers will need to look at the existing records and merge these two records manually.
There is a "Reminder Forms" link that will produce a list of multi-page PDF paper forms that can be posted to those members who have not renewed to date.
Howto Do Things
- If the full member dies or leave the club and the first joint member wishes to continue membership, then the full members Delete checkbox can be used in the edit form. This will delete the full members record (archives it) and promote the first joint member to be a full member. If no contact info (address,email etc) was listed in the joint members record these will be filled in from the full members details.
- A complimentary membership can be added by using the "New Member" link and setting the membershipType to "Complimentary". This will set a renewalDate of 6 months in the future.
Reinstate an Archived Member
If a member has been deleted as they have deen deemed to have left their record and that of their joint members can be reienstated. To do this:
- On the membership list page select an archived full member ("Archive set" and any other required selector fields).
- On the list of archived members click on the "V" link on the actual record you want to reinstate.
- At the bottom of the view page there is the "Reinstate Member" button.
The main membership view list page allows a selection of the membership database to be viewed. The page has a set of selection criteria at the top and a paged list of records below.
Records that match all of the selection criteria are listed. The check boxes are tristate. That is they have three states: off, on and don't care. The don't care setting looks like a horizontal bar. If text fields have no text, this means don't care/any values.
The Page selection entry defines a set of records to be displayed from the total number available. You can move between pages of information using the Next/Prev buttons.
Once you have set the selection critera, the Update button can be used to fetch the information or the various Download buttons can be used to download this set of data in CSV format for spreadsheet type access.
In the list of record entries the first column defines some actions that can be performed on a record. These are:
V: View the record.
E: Edit the record (Has ability to renew or send renewal email).
D: Deletes the record. You will be prompted to make sure. The record is actually moved to the membership archive rather than actually deleted.
Most of the membership records fields are self explanatory. For the others here is some information.
|id||This is the internal record id|
|status||This is the status of the member. |
new: When a person applies for membership.
member: When they are made a member
renew: When they are due for renewal.
renewForm: A separate renewal form. This will need to be matched against an existing entry and the two merged into one.
renewDone: When they have renewed.
lapsed: When they have not renewed
leave: When they have left the club
The system will generally set the status as needed. Once the membership secretary has reviewed the join,renewal,lasped or leave status they can then edit the record and either set the status to be a member or delete the record.
|membershipType||"1 year": Normal 1 year membership. Renewal date will be incrementd by a year on joining/renewal. |
"5 year": Normal 5 year membership. Renewal date will be incrementd by 5 years on joining/renewal.
"Complimentary": Membership record set to free for 6 months. On renewal date the user will be sent a renewal notice as normal.
"Special": Special entry. Set the renewalDate as wanted. This could be 2999-12-31 so that no renewal notics are sent.
"Honoury": No renewal notices or payments.
|fullId||Full members and Joint members records are in the same database table. The "fullId" field is set to the full members record id if the entry is for a joint member or 0 if a full member.|
|renewalDate||This date defines the date when a member should renew. When they renew this will be automatically updated by a year or 5 years as appropriate.Honory and Special members should have there renewalDate set to a long time in the future. We recommend 2999-12-31.|
- Whenever an edit or deletion is made then a copy of the membership record is made in the archive (membershipOld) database.
New members are given a new membership number based on the one in the configuration setting "Next membership number". This number is incremented on each new member being added. Full members have the character "F" prepended to the number and joint members have the character "J" prepended.
Honory and Specail members should have there renewalDate set to a long time in the future. We recomend 2999-12-31.
The configuration page allows some configuration parameters to be setup. These are:
- Next membership number: The next allocated membership number. This is automatically incremented when new members join.
- Administration email addresses: A list of email address for admin users. These will be sent info on members joining and renewing etc.
- New Member Administration email addresses: A list of email address for admin users. These will be sent info on members joining only etc.
- Cheque address Joining: The name and address where to send cheques joining.
- Cheque address Renewing: The name and address where to send cheques when renewing membership.
All accesses are made via the SSL HTTPS secure connection.
There are two security groups for access. "viewMembership" and "adminMembership". Any website user can be given those permissions as needed. Without them no membership database access will be allowed.
The viewMembership" allows viewing only.
Changes from current system and ideas for future changes
- There is a single membership record table with entries for full and joint members.
- There is only the ability for a single forename and thus no nickname.
- Curently RO's can vew all members rather than just the members in their area.
- There is no automatic address checking
- There is no promotion system.
- There is no emergancy assistance info.
- There is no option to create a printable list of address labels (although a CSV format file is produced that could be used)
The above items can be added if wanted but are not currently implemented.