Discussions

Discussion of anything related to Tandems. Opinions expressed on this discussion board are those of the contributors and not necessarily those of the Tandem Club. Postings or extracts may be published in the Tandem Club Journal.
To add a response or post a new message you need to have an account and be logged in. You can get emails sent to you by enabling the Send Forum Emails tick box in your user preferences. Note you need to login to the website to add replies. See our help information here for more information.
You can add to this discussion topic using the entry box at the bottom of this page, when logged in. Login

Brittany - a venue for the International?

2022-08-18 12:43:30

On a recent 2 month tandem tour we stayed at Camping Kerisole in the small town of Scaer, Brittany.  Andy and Nathalie, the new owners, extend a warm welcome to cyclists in French, German, Dutch and English.  Backpacking tent pitches, spacious tent/caravan/motorhome pitches with EHU, fixed tents, mobile homes and "Simple Mobile Homes" give a wide range of accommodation and there is a large covered area as well as a dining/bar area (menus in the above languages).

Situated on the Voie Vert Roscoff-Concarneau we found lots of interesting and varied rides during our stay both scenic and historic.

As Andy and Nathalie were ably hosting a large school camp during our stay we thought Kerisole would be an excellent venue for an International Rally?

www.camping-kerisole.fr

info@camping-kerisole.fr

Michelin 308 Finistere, Morbihan

Sheila Ward2022-08-19 08:37:48
Sounds great. We don't have a camper van and don't do real camping, so welcome rallies with fixed accommodation of any kind, and are sure that there are other members who would too.
Peter Weeks2022-08-19 17:51:44

Pippa, John  thanks for your post.  As you know the Club is looking for a site for an International Rally in May-June 2023. 

I have e-mailed Camping Kerisole to make enquiries.  There are other irons in the fire I know but as of today we don't have anything lined up.

Regards

Peter Weeks

Peter Weeks2022-10-12 16:20:18

Pippa, John

I am following up with Camping Kerisole.  Can you give me a call plse  07730 925759.

Thanks

Peter 

geoff husband2022-10-13 15:44:12

8 years back the Tandem club came to the campsite at Gouarec and I provided routes and maps and generally helped organise it - (I run Breton Bikes by the way).

The snag was that though wonderful the campsite was very run down and we took it over the following year and it is transformed. We'd love to have you all back - have a look at www.campingdegouarec.com

Cheers

Geoff