Discussions

Discussion of anything related to Tandems. Opinions expressed on this discussion board are those of the contributors and not necessarily those of the Tandem Club. Postings or extracts may be published in the Tandem Club Journal.
To add a response or post a new message you need to have an account and be logged in. You can get emails sent to you by enabling the Send Forum Emails tick box in your user preferences. Note you need to login to the website to add replies. See our help information here for more information.
You can add to this discussion topic using the entry box at the bottom of this page, when logged in. Login

Pilots wanted

2021-09-06 20:57:26
Hi all, this is my first time posting to the list so I hope this is in order for.

My name is Rob I am totally blind and I live in Southend Essex. I am a keen but not particularly good tandem rider, and have my own Thorne Voyager Tandem. My long-term pilot is likely to be moving abroad in the next few months, so I'm keen to find anybody in the local area who may be interested in going for rides with me. I've been quite ill this year, so at the moment I'm only doing 20 K rides, maybe a bit longer, however I am keen to progress to doing longer rides in the near future. 

I am 6ft two and approximately 19 stone, yes I've put on a few pounds over lockdown and also not being at all well. So there is an incentive to reduce my weight as well. I do have ongoing health conditions however can explain these if necessary to any prospective riders. I am 55, so hopefully there's a few miles  in my legs yet! If anybody is up for it, hopefully my email address will come over with this so you will be able to make contact with me.

Thanks very much for reading this, and look forward to hearing from hopefully some people soon.

Take care all, stay safe and hope to be talking to some of you soon.

Rob