Easter 2014 UK Tandem Rally
Thursday 17th. - Monday 21st. April 2014
The rally took place in the heart of some wonderful Leicestershire countryside with plenty of quiet lanes and places to visit. The weather was reasonably kind with the sun appearing during the evenings. Over one hundred people attended the rally with around ninety at the Fish and Chip Supper which was followed by a quiz.
Our AGM in Woodhouse Community Hall was attended by over sixty people who took a full part in the discussions about the club's activities.
The list of available destinations and attractions included something for everyone including
- Richard III Exhibition in Leicester Guildhall (10 miles)
- Bosworth Battlefield Visitor Centre (17 miles)
- Conkers Discovery Centre and The National Forest Visitor's Centre. (17 miles)
- Great Central Railway Quorn and Woodhouse Station. Heritage railway. (2 miles)
- The Battlefield Line - Shacklestone Station. Heritage railway (15 miles)
- Grand Union Canal. (2 miles)
- Vale of Belvoir
- Staunton Harold Park with cobbled court yard surrounded by small shops and cafe
- Calke Abbey (National Trust)
- Bradgate Park with cafe and herds of deer
If you wern't able to attend but would like to try the rides please use the link below.
2014 Easter Rally Routes
Location of Beaumanor Park