ITR 2015 Tandem Rally Routes
Welcome to the routes page of the 2015 International Tandem Rally. We have a variety of short and long routes for you summarised below.
PDF versions of all the routes are now available - see chart below.
- Routes may appear to be relatively short. This is because we judge the terrain in general to be fairly hilly (probably more so than Gouarec) and parts of some routes are on tracks or poor quality tarmac. The total ascent shown is only an estimate.
- We have tried to avoid main roads, where possible. There is a dedicated cycle track along some parts of Lake Lipno.
- All of the routes can be followed on SHOCART 1:60000 cycling map 157. This shows many local cycle routes, which are numbered on the map and some are signposted, which may help navigation. The map also shows where routes follow sections that are not tarmac. The map should easily allow you to modify your route if the terrain, the surface, or the distance are not appropriate.
- The SHOWCART map can be ordered from the Map Shop, Upton on Severn, ( http://www.themapshop.co.uk/ or 0800 085 40 80 ). Allow 4/5 weeks to be sure of delivery, as they may not have it in stock.
- The maps on the following pages show suggested routes. It should be possible to transfer these onto the SHOWCAT map, with highlighter pens, as by and large the routes follow the local recommended cycle routes shown on the map. Alternatively use the GPX tracks for the rally or the URL links to the BikeRouteToaster website. (However please note that BikeRouteToaster tends to seriously underestimate the total ascent.)
- There may be a long distance between cafes and restaurants on some routes.
- Link to Overview and maps of all routes
There are 3 ferries across the lake. We think the information below is correct but it may be best to check times locally. We have also avoided using the middle ferry from Dolni Vltavice in the suggested routes. (Reason below.)
* only on work days
** April to October
6:25* 7:00 7:30 8:30 9:30 10:30 11:30 12:30 13:30 14:30 15:30 16:30 17:30 18:30 19:30** 20:30**
6.30* 7:05 7:35 8:35 9:35 10:35 11:35 12:35 13:35 14:35 15:35 16:35 17:35 18:35 19:35** 20:35**
* only on work days
7:20*, 8:30*, 9:30, 12:00, 13:20, 14:00 15:00, 16:00, 17:00, 18:00, 19:00
Other side + 5 mins
Operating from June to September. However, it is necessary to book in advance and to count on waiting for other passengers, since the ferry rate (at least CZK 700) is distributed among all of them.
To download the gpx files 'right click' on them and select ' save as'. A left mouse button click will get you the text file.
|Ref||Pdf format||GPX Short||GPX Long||Bike Route Toaster Short||Bike Route Toaster Long||Bikely map Short||Bikely Map Long|
|Sunday||Short Long||gpx||gpx||SHORT 1||LONG 1||link||link|
|Monday||Short Long||gpx||gpx||SHORT 2||LONG 2||link||link|
|Tuesday||Short Long||gpx||gpx 3 - gpx 3a||SHORT 3||LONG 3 - LONG 3A||link||link|
|Wednesday||Free day - No set routes|
|Thursday||Short Long||gpx||gpx 4 - gpx 4a||SHORT 4||LONG 4 - LONG 4A||link||link 4 - link 4A|
|Friday||Short Long||gpx||gpx||SHORT 5||LONG 5||link||link|
|Extra||Short Long||gpx||gpx||SHORT 6||LONG 6||link||link|
There is also an Excel File of all routes if you prefer to use that - download it here.