Discussions

Discussion of anything related to Tandems. Opinions expressed on this discussion board are those of the contributors and not necessarily those of the Tandem Club. Postings or extracts may be published in the Tandem Club Journal.
To add a response or post a new message you need to have an account and be logged in. You can get emails sent to you by enabling the Send Forum Emails tick box in your user preferences. Note you need to login to the website to add replies. See our help information here for more information.
You can add to this discussion topic using the entry box at the bottom of this page, when logged in. Login

orbit twin 26

patrick goulden2017-07-15 11:12:29

Can anyone tell me what an Orbit twin 26 frame was made out of, there is one for sale on ebay and I do not know much about the model?
Regards
Patrick

clive2017-07-17 14:26:11

: Can anyone tell me what an Orbit twin 26 frame was made out of, there is one
: for sale on ebay and I do not know much about the model?

Presumably not the black tandem up there at the moment listed as "Orbit Aluminium Tandem"? :-) (which also has a jdcycles sticker on it - and they read this board)

patrick goulden2017-07-18 09:51:36

: Can anyone tell me what an Orbit twin 26 frame was made out of, there is one
: for sale on ebay and I do not know much about the model?
: Regards
: Patrick

Thanks for the reply Clive. The auction has ended it was an older model looked pre JD. vintage. Had the gold Orbit head badge om it and looked to be steel framed.

Regards

Patrick

clive2017-07-19 00:15:12

: Thanks for the reply Clive. The auction has ended it was an older model
: looked pre JD. vintage. Had the gold Orbit head badge om it and looked to
: be steel framed.

This one?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tandem-bike-Orbit-Twin-26-with-Touring-extras-/263088151500

Claims handbuilt in Sheffield, which implies steel, and although the tubes are fairly fat, I reckon steel from the pics too - those rear dropouts look too thin for Al.

Richard Davies2017-08-02 16:15:58

: This one?

:
: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tandem-bike-Orbit-Twin-26-with-Touring-extras-/263088151500

: Claims handbuilt in Sheffield, which implies steel, and although the tubes
: are fairly fat, I reckon steel from the pics too - those rear dropouts
: look too thin for Al.

It is indeed a Sheffield model. 4130 CrMo I seem to recall.