Tandem Club Rides DatabaseAs a club we have many organised rides including national and international large events as well as local regional group rides. Quite a few of these have been made available to members using route sheets and more recently GPX files for sat navs.
This is a database of all of these rides allowing you to view and download GPX files and route sheets where available.
We are slowly adding all of our rides to this database. If any member is willing to help that would be great !
Note that any member can add rides and RO's/Ride leaders for region groups can add rides to make it easy for members to access them. You can add rides using the "Add Ride" link. You must have a website login account to do this.
This system allows TC members to add rides in the form of GPX files and/or PDF route sheets and allows members to view the rides.
You need a TC websitre login account to access the rides database system.
It is a prototype system at the moment.
To View a RideThere is a "Select the Rides" entry form at the top of the rides main page that is used to search for rides matching the criteria entered. To search for rides enter the appropriate search criteria and click on the green "Search" button. The list of selected rides will appear below.
The MapReference entry should be a GPS latitude,longitude number pair.
The Postcode should be the first 2, 3 or 4 characters of the postcode. The system will look for any ride with 69 miles of the location given.
You can now click on the rides picture to view the complete ride details and download the GPX and route sheets if available.
The route is shown on an OpenCyclesMap. You can interact with this map by long or double clicking on it. Once done you can pan the map with the mouse/finger and zoom in and out (buttons, mouse wheel or finger pinch).
You can show the map in full-screen mode using the full screen button at the top right of the map.
There is also a notes entry box at the bottom of the page to add notes to this ride.
To Add a RideUse the "Add Ride" link to add a new ride to the system. This will present a form to add information on the ride. Most fields are optional.
- Title: A title for the ride. If not set will be filled in from the name inside a GPX file.
- Group: The group for the ride. This could be a regional group, a TC event, or a special linked to say the What's On events.
- Category: Not used yet
- Location: Optional general locating text. Could be a postcode or some general text like "Bristol" or "The peak district" etc.
- Postcode: Optional postcode allowing easy searches.
- Longitude: The GPS map longitude reference. Filled in by a GPX file if one is uploaded.
- Latitude: The GPS map latitude reference. Filled in by a GPX file if one is uploaded.
- Route: The GPX file to upload to the system. It is possible to upload multiple GPX files at a time. A ride entry will be created for each one with the rides information set the same.
- RoueSheet: The route sheet in PDF format to upload to the system
- Picture0: A picture for the list of rides and the first picture on the ride info
- Picture1: A picture for the list of rides
- Picture2: A picture for the list of rides
- Picture3: A picture for the list of rides
- PictureMap: A picture for the map of the ride
- Description: The description of the ride.
- Date: The date the ride happened
To Edit a RideView the ride to be edited and use the large green "Edit" button at the bottom of the page. Only the rides owner or admin people can edit a ride.
ToursThe Tours system add the ability to group a set of rides into a single tour with web pages, news and other items associated with it. It is a new system that has not been fully completed yet.
A touch can be added with the "TourAdd" left hand menu function. The core items to set are the title and the list of rides. The Rides List is a comma separate list of ride ID's. Once added the "TourList" function will list all tours and privide a simple automatically generated view of the tour listing the individual rides.
The Tour has a "index.html" file that can be edited to add text and pictures etc. Also extra pages, documents and directories can be added to the tour information. Users can view and add news items to the tour.
To edit the Tour information, view the tour and use the "TourEditPages" left hand menu function. You can now edit the set of pages like any other content on the website. The main function to use is the "Edit this page" left hand menu item.
Within the page three special scripts can be used (Use Souce editing to view and edit):
|<websys>tourRidesList(9)</websys> ||Display a list of rides for the Tour ID given |
|<websys>tourRide(22,33)</websys> ||Display an individual ride passing the ride id and a number to include at the start of the title |
|<websys>itemListAdd(200,tours,9)</websys> ||Display the news for the tour with given ID |
If the ride has a map picture added this will be shown to the right of the description.
FutureThis is an initial prototype system. We hope to add better ways of search for rides including a clickable map for ride searches.
We also hope to add features of interst such as cafes, playgrounds, tourist sites etc. But we have limied time so don't hold your breath!
If there are any features you would like to see please contact email@example.com.