Rides ModuleThis system allows TC members to add rides in the form of GPX files and/or PDF route sheets and allows members to view the rides.
You need a TC websitre login account to access the rides database system.
It is a prototype system at the moment.
To View a RideThere is a "Select the Rides" entry form at the top of the rides main page that is used to search for rides matching the criteria entered. To search for rides enter the appropriate search criteria and click on the green "Search" button. The list of selected rides will appear below.
The MapReference entry should be a GPS latitude,longitude number pair.
The Postcode should be the first 2, 3 or 4 characters of the postcode. The system will look for any ride with 69 miles of the location given.
You can now click on the rides picture to view the complete ride details and download the GPX and route sheets if available.
The route is shown on an OpenCyclesMap. You can interact with this map by long or double clicking on it. Once done you can pan the map with the mouse/finger and zoom in and out (buttons, mouse wheel or finger pinch).
You can show the map in full-screen mode using the full screen button at the top right of the map.
There is also a notes entry box at the bottom of the page to add notes to this ride.
To Add a RideUse the "Add Ride" link to add a new ride to the system. This will present a form to add information on the ride. Most fields are optional.
- Title: A title for the ride
- Group: The group for the ride. This could be a regional group, a TC event, or a special linked to say the What's On events.
- Category: Not used yet
- Location: Optional general locating text. Could be a postcode or some general text like "Bristol" or "The peak district" etc.
- Longitude: The GPS map longitude reference. Filled in by a GPX file if one is uploaded.
- Latitude: The GPS map latitude reference. Filled in by a GPX file if one is uploaded.
- Route: The GPX file to upload to the system.
- RoueSheet: The route sheet in PDF format to upload to the system
- Picture0: A picture for the list of rides and the first picture on the ride info
- Picture1: A picture for the list of rides
- Picture2: A picture for the list of rides
- Picture3: A picture for the list of rides
- Description: The description of the ride.
- Date: The date the ride happened
To Edit a RideView the ride to be edited and use the large green "Edit" button at the bottom of the page. Only the rides owner or admin people can edit a ride.
FutureThis is an initial prototype system. We hope to add better ways of search for rides including a clickable map for ride searches.
We also hope to add features of interst such as cafes, playgrounds, tourist sites etc. But we have limied time so don't hold your breath!
If there are any features you would like to see please contact email@example.com.